Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Faithfulness

Why is it that I am more faithful to others than I am to myself? It's been almost 2 months since my last blog post mostly because I have not been faithful to my weight loss goals. I may or may not be eating m&m's while I'm writing this.

The good news is that I have lost 19 pounds in the last 5 months since I began October 1, 2012.  The not so good news - I am hovering over the same numbers on the scale, gaining and losing a pound here and a pound there these last couple months. And it's not because I have hit a plateau. That is being too generous. No, it's because I am not eating healthy and I am not exercising.

I'm awfully close to a 20 pound weight loss and that will feel really good. But to get there (and beyond - 13 more to pre-pregnancy weight, then 20 more to my goal weight), I need a plan. I need daily goals, set the night before. Otherwise it is always "tomorrow" that I will eat better and exercise.

I have not been as stringently following the Medifast Nursing Mother's Program. Too many mornings I've dropped my son off at school and then to a McDonalds drive thru for an Egg McMuffin. I'm not drinking enough water nor eating enough vegetables. I'm indulging in too many sweets and too many carbs. I'm not eating often enough (every 2-3 hours for Medifast diet). I'm not exercising.

So I am making changes - doable, short-term goals - in the name of faithfulness. Faithfulness to myself, to my future, to my health, to my family, to my God. I have come too far to sabotage at this point.

My short term goals for this week until next weigh in (Tuesdays): NO fast food!!!

My short term goals for tomorrow (Wednesday, March 6): no sweets, no desserts. I will drink 64 oz of water. I will exercise (at least) 20 minutes.

And I will take another picture when I reach 20 pounds lost, hopefully at next weigh in. Thank you, faithful blog readers. I need your support now more than ever.







4 comments:

  1. You can do this, Jenna!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear sister in this journey...it is indeed a long, hard road. Up until I hit my 30s, I NEVER had trouble with my weight.

    Since I started my journey in the spring of 2012 (May-ish), I've dropped 30 pounds. I've got about 7 more to go.

    Small,doable steps are the way to go. And maintain and reach for the next one.

    You are on your way! Loving yourself will do wonders for you...and your family. My girls are watching everything I do. They are making great choices now too. These are lessons that will last a lifetime!

    Can't wait to celebrate that 20 lb mark with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jen! And congrats on your 30 pound weight loss! That is fantastic!

      Delete