Thursday, March 14, 2013

To Adore Is To Respect

I may not adore the way my body currently looks (have I ever adored my body?) but I am grateful for all it is capable of - forming and growing two babies in my belly, fighting off infections, telling me when I am hungry and when I am full, recharging when I rest.

To adore my body is to respect it. Respect it with how I treat it and how I allow others to treat it. Respect it with the kinds of food and drink I take in. Respect it by moving my body in the sunshine and fresh air. Respect it by working to lose excess fat and build muscle.

My body is wise and strong and resilient and deserving of care.




How about you? What will it take for you to adore your body, just as you are, today?





                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment